20081114

i didn't have a heart attack on the plane

But the guy BEHIND me did.

it was just a short 30 min hop, he started sweating up about 5-10min after takeoff. flight attendant noticed it as she was walking by. asked if he was alright as his eyes rolled back in his head. luckily there was a medic guy sitting behind him. he helped out a ton. o2 and defib where bought out. o2 applied immediately, defib not needed.

plane stopped on the taxiway, met by ambulances and whatnot. he never completely lost consciousness and i made my connection. life is good.


for most of the time the front half of the plane had no idea. us in the back, we tried to give the guy privacy, not get in the way, and appreciate being alive.

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

Poor guy. But I guess as far as heart attacks on planes go, he's probably one of the lucky ones from the sound of it.

Lora said...

that's awful! I was on a flight once from Boston to Philly, and the lady behind me's colon erupted.

She made it off the plane alright, I wonder if one can survive with a busted gut like that.

Oh, and I Crest White Stripped yesterday morning! My obnoxious coffee habit requires it at least monthly.