20080401

New Direction

Welp, I've made some positive new steps in my life. With the unexpected pregnancy, it's time to grow up. I'm excited about the future.

Today I put in my two week notice at work. There will be no more helicopters for me. I just can't see having such a risky lifestyle with the responsibilities headed our way. Some of you may not know, but I've been selling life insurance on the side for a little while and have decided to make that and Real Estate into a safe and socially responsible way to make us a one income household. School for my Realtor's license starts in three weeks. I really think I'll be able to provide for my family as I help others find dream homes for their families. One day, maybe I'll be able to open my very own office, but maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself. The most important thing is making a good life for wife and child.

I'm looking forward to several other changes as well. We plan to trade in the Forester for a Prius. That turbo is a gas guzzler and too jarring of a ride for a baby. Hopefully a hybrid minivan will be next, but maybe siblings first. As my career in Real Estate and Insurance BLASTS OFF, N will be able to stay at home and focus her time where it should be, on our coming attraction.

Finally, everything is falling into place. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

2 comments:

Txsmurf said...

ABORT!ABORT!ABORT!

the odd pint said...

Is this a joke or serious? I can never tell